By N. Mottahedeh
This edited quantity of specifically commissioned essays written for the anniversary of `Abdu'l-Baha's trip to the US tells the tale of this former prisoner's interactions with the white top echelon of yank society in addition to his effect at the lives and writings of significant early figures within the African-American civil rights circulation.
Read Online or Download ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity PDF
Best other religions books
Via an exam of Benedictine abbot Trithemius (1462-1516), this e-book explores the intersection of the early glossy debate over occult reports with a couple of contemporaneous advancements: past due medieval mysticism, the revival of historical letters, the Catholic and Protestant reform pursuits, the witch hunts, and the medical revolution.
How is a loose religion expressed, organised and ruled? How are assorted spiritualities and theologies made suitable? What may possibly a faith established in cause and democracy supply latest global? This e-book might help the reader to appreciate the modern liberal faith of Unitarian Universalism in a historic and worldwide context.
Whereas students, media, and the general public will be conscious of a couple of striking executive raids on spiritual groups, resembling the U. S. federal raid at the department Davidians in 1993, only a few individuals are conscious of the scope of those raids or the frequency with which they take place. encouraged via the Texas kingdom raid at the Fundamentalist Church of Latter-day Saints in 2008, authors Stuart A.
- The Southern Diaspora: How the Great Migrations of Black and White Southerners Transformed America
- Anetso, the Cherokee Ball Game: At the Center of Ceremony and Identity (First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies)
- The Deities Are Many: A Polytheistic Theology (S U N Y Series in Religious Studies)
- The Secret Science of Masonic Initiation
- The Templar pirates : the secret alliance to build the new Jerusalem
Additional resources for ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity
72. Letter of Laura Barney to Frances B. Jones, dated November 10, 1962, in The National Bahá’í Archives of the United States. 73. `Abdu’l-Bahá’, Khatabat-Hadrat-i-`Abdu’l-Bahá’ -Jilde_1, http://reference. 1, 9, accessed June, 2010. 74. Thompson, Diary of Juliet Thompson, 172. 75. Ibid. 76. `Abdu’l-Bahá, `Abdu’l-Bahá in London: Notes and Addresses of Conversations (London: Bahá’í Publishing Trust, reprinted 1982), 53. 77. See Robert Weinberg, Lady Blomfield: Her Life and Times (Oxford: George Ronald, 2012).
53. “Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney,” in Memoriam, The Bahá’í World, 1973–1976, vol. 16, 536. 54. Balyuzi, `Abdu’l-Bahá, 82. 55. , 135–136. 56. , 139. 57. , Mahmúd’s Diary: The Diary of Mírzá Mahmúd-i-Zarqání (Oxford; George Ronald, 1998); Juliet Thompson, The Diary of Juliet Thompson (Los Angeles, CA: Kalimát Press, 1983); Agnes Parsons, `Abdu’l-Bahá in America: Agnes Parsons’ Diary, ed. Richard Hollinger (Los Angeles, CA: Kalimát Press, 1996); Allan L. Ward, 239 Days: `Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey in America (Wilmette, IL: Bahá’í Publishing Trust, 1979); Howard Colby Ives, Portals to Freedom (New York: E.
Ibid. 96. Balyuzi, `Abdu’l-Bahá, 172. 97. , 390–91. 98. , 395. 99. `Abdu’l-Bahá’s first visit to Washington was from April 21 to April 28, 1912. 100. Laura’s father, Albert Barney had died in 1903. Alice Barney married Christian Dominic Hemmick in 1911. 101. Parsons, `Abdu’l-Bahá in America, 16, 35, and 44. 102. , in Biographical Notes, 144. 103. , 9. 104. Laura Clifford Barney’s letter to Afroukhteh, dated August 7, 1937, in Afroukhteh, Memories, 343. 105. Some examples are: “Babists of Persia,” in Greeley Tribune, July 4, 1901; “Babists of Persia,” in Idaho Falls Times, July 11, 1901; New Religious Cult,” in The Washington Post, March 23, 1902; The Washington Times, April 2, 1905, 5; and “Mrs.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity by N. Mottahedeh